Understanding Your Change Integration Qualities and Skills
Do you ever wish you could have a deeper understanding of your relationship to change in your life and your work? This personal and professional development instrument, created by Dr. Judi Neal and Dr. Linda Hoopes, helps you to assess your level of the five qualities of an Edgewalker, and the five skills of integrating leading edge change. Edgewalkers thrive on change and make excellent change leaders. Learn how can you build on your strengths in order to be more creative and to be on the cutting edge in all that you do.
The Five Edgewalker Qualities
There are five Edgewalker Qualities that are inherent in those people who are always on the leading edge. Most of us have the seeds of these “qualities” in us, but some people more naturally have been able to develop and integrate them.
1. Self Awareness
Awareness of your thoughts, values, and behavior, and a commitment to spend time in self-reflection with the goal of becoming a better person.
An intense focus on your purpose or the use of your gifts in a way that adds value to your life and the world.
A commitment to live in alignment with your core values, to align your words and your behavior, and to keep your word.
The gift of being able to see what others cannot – possibilities, trends, the future, and guidance from the spiritual world.
A joyful sense of fun and creativity, and an ability to keep everything in perspective.
The Five Edgewalker Skills
There are five Edgewalker skills which can be developed step-by-step through training, attention and practice. Anyone can develop these skills, although people with higher levels of Edgewalker Qualities will tend to develop them more easily.
1. Knowing the Future
The ability to understand and embrace the future.
The ability to try what hasn’t been tried before, trust your instincts, and to break new ground.
The ability to actualize a thought, idea, or vision by taking practical steps to bring it into being.
The ability to be very centered and to give all your attention to an action or project that has significance and importance.
The ability to value others, to see their uniqueness, and to draw out the best in them.
You will receive a customized report with personalized recommendations for developmental actions.
As a result of working with this Edgewalker Profile and your work with your Certified Edgewalker Facilitator, you will:
- Become more aware of the importance of your role as an Edgewalker in the world.
- Learn to appreciate your unique way of being and why it is important to be authentic in all you do.
- Discover your strongest Edgewalker qualities and skills.
- Clarify your leading edge challenge and develop an action plan for breaking through.
- Assess current self-awareness practices and explore practices that increase awareness of thoughts, feelings and behavior.
- Clarify your sense of mission and purpose.
- Learn how to live more in alignment with your core values.
- Get greater clarity on your personal/professional/spiritual vision of the future.
- Become more balanced, playful, and creative.
- Enhance non-linear ways of knowing, including intuition.
- Deepen perception of both the visible and the invisible world.
- Discern how and when to take courageous risks.
- Learn specific mind techniques for manifesting your vision.
- Understand the importance of focus and learn inner and outer approaches to greater concentration on what’s important.
- Gain guidance in how to make connections with like-minded people as well as how to make connections between seemingly unrelated things or ideas.
Specific business applications of Edgewalker qualities and skills can include:
- Being a boundary spanner between the organization and the outside world, or between departments that are normally in silos.
- Inspired, entrepreneurial, flexible leadership.
- Resilience to change.
- Having a sense of the future for strategic planning, product development, and competitive advantage.
- Enhancing your ability to partner with people and organizations that might normally be seen as unrelated, or even as competitors.
- Gaining capability to make rapid decisions instead of paralysis by analysis.
- Supporting a culture of innovation, diversity, and flexibility.
The Edgewalker Profile is a thoroughly tested valid and reliable scientific measure of the five qualities and five skills of an Edgewalker. Your Certified Edgewalker Facilitator will work with you using your personalized profile as a way of engaging in powerful conversations leading to your Edgewalker development plan. This instrument is useful in life coaching, executive coaching, personal growth workshops, team building, and organizational assessment.
Note: This instrument can be taken on its own without having a coach interpret the results with you. The ten-page report provides specific details on your results and offers suggestions for development to enhance particular Edgewalker qualities and skills. For the greatest benefit, we recommend working with a Certified Edgewalker Facilitator who has been trained in the interpretation and application of this instrument.
Cost: $25 per profile
Discounts available for teams and organizations. Contact us for more information.